701. You have wonderful taste in clothes. 你对服饰很在行.
702. What’s your favorite pastime? 你最喜欢的娱乐方式是什么?
703. What did you like best about the movie?
你最欣赏这部电影的哪个方面?
704. I didn’t like the taste of the medicine, but I took it anyway.
我不喜欢药的味道, 但是无论如何我都会吃掉它.
705. Why do you dislike the medicine so much? 为什么你这么不喜欢药?
706. If you want my advice, I don’t think you should go.
如果你想征求我的意见, 我希望你不要去.
707. I suggest that you tear up the letter and start over again.
我建议你把信撕掉, 再重新写一遍.
708. It’s only a suggestion, and you can do what you please.
这仅仅是一个建议, 这些事情你必须要自己考虑.
709. Let me give you a little fatherly advice. 让我给你个建议.
710. If you don’t like it, I wish you would say so.
如果你不喜欢, 我希望你能说出你的意见.
711. Please don’t take offense. I only wanted to tell you what I think.
请别发火. 我只是告诉你我的想法.
712. In my opinion, the house isn’t worth the price they’re asking.
依我看, 这间房子根本不值他们要的价钱.
713. My feeling is that you ought to stay home tonight.
我觉得你今晚应该呆在家里.
714. It’s none of my business, but I think you ought to work harder.
这件事情和我毫无关系, 但是我觉得你应更努力地工作.
715. In general, my reaction is favorable.
总体来说, 我的反映还是很受欢迎的.
716. If you don’t take my advice, you’ll be sorry.
如果你不采纳我的建议, 你将会后悔.
717. I’ve always tried not to interfere in your affairs.
我总是尽力地不干涉你的工作.
718. I’m old enough to make up my own mind.
我已经大了, 可以自己做决定了.
719. Thanks for the advice, but this is something I have to figure out myself.
谢谢你的建议, 但是这是件我必须自己去解决的事情.
720. He won’t pay attention to anybody. You’re just wasting your breath.
他谁的建议都不会听. 你们仅仅是在白费口舌.
721. Would you please hold the door open for me?
你能帮我把门打开吗?
722. Youre very kind to take the trouble to help me.
你真热心, 不闲麻烦的来帮助我.
723. I wish I could repay you somehow for your kindness.
我希望, 对你的好意我能有所回报.
724. Im afraid it was a bother for you to do this.
做这件事恐怕会给你带来很多麻烦.
725. It wasnt any bother. I was glad to do it.
一点儿都不麻烦. 我很乐意做.
726. Theres just one last favor I need to ask of you.
还有最后一件事需要你的帮助.
727. Id be happy to help you in any way I can.
很高兴我能尽我所能地帮助你.
728. Would you mind giving me a push? My car has stalled.
你能帮我推推车吗?我的车抛锚了.
729. Would you be so kind as to open this window for me? Its stuffy.
你能帮我将窗户打开吗?这里快令人窒息了.
730. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
如果还有我能做的事情, 请告诉我.
731. This is the last time Ill ever ask you to do anything for me.
这是最后一次我麻烦你为我做事情了.
732. I certainly didnt intend to cause you so much inconvenience.
我真得不想给你带来这么多不便.
733. He’ll always be indebted to you for what youve done.
对你所做的事情, 他总是感激不尽.
734. Could you lend me ten dollars? I left my wallet at home.
能借我十美元吗?我把钱包忘在家里了.
735. Id appreciate it if you would turn out the lights. Im sleepy.
如果你能将灯关掉的话, 我将不胜感激. 我很困.
736. I didn’t realize the time had passed so quickly.
我没有意识到时间过的这样快.
737. I’ve got a lot of things to do before I can leave.
在我走之前, 我有很多事情要做.
738. For one thing, I’ve got to drop by the bank to get some money.
我不得不去银行提些钱.
739. It’ll take almost all my savings to buy the ticket.
买这张票, 几乎花费了我所有积蓄.
740. Oh, I just remembered something! I have to apply for a passport.
我记起一件事. 我不得不去申请个护照.
741. I almost forgot to have the phone disconnected.
我差点忘记去切断电话了.
742. It’s a good thing you reminded me to take my heavy coat.
你提醒我带件厚衣服是个很好的建议.
743. I never would have thought of it if you hadn’t mentioned it.
如果你不提到它的话, 我几乎想不起来了.
744. I’ll see you off at the airport. 我会去机场送你.
745. They’re calling your flight now. You barely have time to make it.
他们现在在广播你的班机起飞时间. 你勉强来得及.
746. You’d better run or you’re going to be left behind.
你最好跑着过去, 否则就会被拉下.
747. Don’t forget to cable to let us know you arrived safely.
你安全到达后, 别忘记告诉我们.
748. I’m sure I’ve forgotten something, but it’s too late now.
我确定我忘记了什么东西, 但是现在太晚了.
749. Do you have anything to declare for customs?
你有什么需要报关的吗?
750. You don’t have to pay any duty on personal belongings.
你的私人物品不用交税.
751. What’s your nationality? Are you American?
你是哪国人?是美国人吗?
752. What part of the world do you come from?
你来自世界的何处?
753. I’m an American by birth.
我一出生就是美国人。
754. I was born in Spain, but I’m a citizen of France.
我出生在西班牙,但我是法国公民。
755. Do you know what the population of Japan is?
你知道日本有多少人口吗?
756. What’s the area of the Congo in square miles?
刚果的面积是多少平方英里?
757. Who is the governor of this state?
谁是该州的州长?
758. According to the latest census, our population has increased.
根据最近的人口调查,我们的人口增加了。
759. Politically, the country is divided into fifty states.
该国从政治上划为50个州。
760. The industrial area is centered largely in the north.
工业区大部份集中在北方。
761. The country is rich in natural resources. It has mineral deposits.
该国的自然资源丰富,它有矿藏。
762. This nation is noted for its economic stability.
该国以经济稳定而出名。
763. How old do you have to be to vote in the national elections?
你多大才有全国选举权。
764. Today we celebrate our day of independence. It’s a national holiday.
今天,我们庆祝我们的独立节,它也是国庆节。
765. My home is in the capital. It’s a cosmopolitan city.
我的家在首都,它是一个世界性的大城市。
766. Geographically, this country is located in the southern hemisphere.
从地理上看, 这个国家位于南半球.
767. It’s a beautiful country with many large lakes.
这是一个有着若干大湖的美丽的国家.
768. This part of the country is very mountainous.
这个国家的这部分由众多的山脉覆盖.
769. The land in this region is dry and parched.
这个地区的土地干旱且贫瘠.
770. Along the northern coast there are many high cliffs.
北海岸有很多高高的山崖.
771. There are forests here, and lumbering is important.
这里有很多森林, 因此伐木业很重要.
772. The scenery is beautiful near the Pacific Ocean.
太平洋附近的景色很漂亮.
773. This mountain range has many high peaks and deep canyons.
这座山有众多的高峰和低谷.
774. what kind of climate do you haved?Is it mild?
你们那的气候怎样?潮湿吗?
775. How far is it from the shore of the Atlantic to the mountains?
从大西洋海岸到山区有多远?
776. Is the coastal plain good for farming?
这种海边的平原有利于农业吗?
777. What’s the longest river in the United States?
美国最长的河是什么?
778. Are most of the lakes located in the north central region?
大部分湖泊是不是在北部的中心地区.
779. As you travel westward, does the land get higher?
你去西部旅行时, 是不是地势越来越高?
780. The weather is warm and sunny here. Do you get much rain?
这里天气781. Children enter school at the age of five, don’t they?
孩子们到五岁时就上学, 是吗?
782. In elementary school, the child learns to read and write.
孩子们在小学里学习读和写.
783. In secondary school, children get more advanced knowledge.
在中学里, 孩子们得到更高的教育.
784. In universities, students train to become teachers and engineers.
在大学里学生们被培训为老师和工程师.
785. He went to grade school in New york and high school in Cicargo.
他在纽约上小学, 在芝加哥上中学.
786. In college I majored in science. What was your major?
大学里我的专业是科学. 你呢?
787. My sister graduated from high school. Graduation was last night.
我姐姐从中学毕业. 毕业晚会在昨晚举行.
788. I’m a graduate of Yale University. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree.
我是一名耶鲁大学的毕业生. 我获得了艺术学士学位.
789. If you expect to enter the university, you should apply now.
如果你想上大学的话, 你现在就应申请.
790. This is my first year of college. I’m a freshman.
这是我大学的第一年. 我是新生.
791. My uncle is a high school principal. 我的叔叔是一名中学校长.
792. What kind of grades did you make in college? 你在大学中成绩如何?
793. During your first year of college, did you make straight As?
在大学的第一年里, 你是不是优秀学生?
794. My brother is a member of the faculty. He teaches economics.
我的哥哥是一名教员. 他教经济.
795. John has extracurricular activities. He’s on the football team.
约翰有许多课外活动. 他是一名足球队员.
796. I’m a federal employee. I work for the Department of Labor.
我是一名联邦雇员. 我在劳动部门工作.
797. What kind of work do you do? Are you a saleman?
你从事什么工作?是不是销售员?
798. As soon as I complete my training, I’m going to be a bank teller.
一旦我完成了我的训练, 我将成为出纳员.
799. John has built up his own business. He owns a hotel.
约翰已经有了自己的生意. 他有一个旅馆.
800. What do you want to be when you grow up? 你长大后想做什么?
|